Avitrol Plus Bird Wormer Syrup Concentrate 25ml
- Convenient easy to administer liquid wormer
- 25ml bottle contains up to 500 doses, depending on bird bodyweight.
- Broad-spectrum dewormer medicine treatment
- Treat most ornamental caged birds, pigeons, budgies, parrots and also most finches.
- Dilute the dose in drinking water to easily administer medicine
- Manufactured by Mavlab, Australia’s leading producer of veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Active ingredients: Levamisole hydrochloride 10mg/ml; praziquantel 2mg/ml.
- Clear liquid (red).
Avitrol Plus Bird Wormer Syrup is designed for preventative and therapeutic deworming. Read the instructions carefully before use. Some varieties of birds show levamisole sensitivity. DO NOT use with Gouldian Finches or other bird species with known sensitivity. Suitable for parrots, but use with caution as some birds can be more sensitive than others. You should avoid treating birds that are stressed or ill. Additionally, avoid administering this medication to birds feeding young. Administer in colder weather for better dosage control. Caged birds should be treated for worms every 6-8 months – ideally in spring and autumn. Dose the entire flock twice, 14 days apart, to prevent re-infection of birds from eggs/larvae in the immediate environment. You should clean out as well as disinfect thoroughly the cage 24hrs after each dose. Also at the time of cleaning you should replace the nest bedding. Administer Avitrol Plus Syrup in drinking water. Provide only freshly-made, medicated drinking water solution and seed for 24 hours, then replace with clean water and feed birds as usual. In hot weather, the recommended dosage should be diluted with up to double the amount of water listed to account for increased water consumption. The recommended dosage of Avitrol Plus is one drop of syrup concentrate per 10 grams of bird bodyweight. Dilute 12 drops/0.5 ml of syrup concentrate in 20-25 ml of drinking water.